• Remove all vehicles from driveways and do not park directly in front of the house
• Close garage door
• Move garbage cans to the street (or hide them)
• Clean up yard: mow, trim bushes, rake yard & remove all garden tools
• Trim trees and overgrown shrubs. Try to have a clear view of the front of the house
• Remove empty planters
• Clean & Sweep driveways, sidewalks, decks, staircases and patios
• Wrap up garden hoses and put them away in the garage or shed
• Remove toys, sports balls, basketball goals, soccer goals, etc.
• Check all light fixtures • Remove cobwebs
• Pool should be clean with clear water
• Shovel the snow in winter
• Clear back yard of pet waste/toys
Maximize Curb Appeal
Paint the home's exterior, including trim, doors and shutters.
Check front door, doorbell, address number and welcome mat.
Power wash the siding and windows. Inspect the roof and make repairs as needed.
Repair cracks in the driveway and sidewalks.
Sweep the entryway and walkways.
Mow, water and fertilize the lawn.
Trim shrubs and trees and rake the leaves.
Plant colorful flowers and shrubs.
Store any toys or equipment lying on the yard.
Clean up pet droppings.
Clean the gutters and downspouts.